Amazon Deals

Monday, November 22, 2010

My coupon adventures today

I started the day at the closest Dollar General to my house. I had 14 coupons for Libby's vegetables. The coupon read "receive $1.00 off when you purchase 3 Libby's items". They had their Libby's vegetables on sale for 3/$1. The computer wouldn't accept them so the clerk called the manager. The manager didn't want to accept them because the computer would not allow it. She didn't want to push them through. She called her help desk (I'm assuming) to find out a way to get them to go through. After being on the phone for 20 minutes, she was told to just do a generic coupon and push them all through. She wasn't too happy with this. After another 20 minutes, she finished manually entering all of them in. She was very upset and then proclaimed to the store "We aren't accepting these Libby coupons. I'm sorry, our system is not honoring them." She finally gave us our items and we were able to leave.

Total spent at Dollar General - $0


I received some of the coupons I had ordered in the mail today. So I went to Kroger after the kids were asleep. I stocked up with the Pillsbury/General Mills promotion that is going on right now. My order looked like this..
16 boxes of General Mills cereal (used 8 $1 off 2 coupons)
15 things of Suave deodorant (used 15 $.50 off 1 coupons that doubled to $1.00 each)
8 cans of Pillsbury sweet rolls (used 8 $.50 off 1 coupons that doubled to $1.00 off each)

Minus whatever cellfire and shortscuts coupons I had on there (I'm too tired to go look) and also the 6 x $4 off for the General Mills/Pillsbury promotion (so $24 total) and I paid $14.50 oop.



So total oop for the day was $14.50 and I got....
42 cans of Libby's vegetables
15 things of Suave deodorant
16 boxes of General Mills cereal and
8 cans of Pillsbury Grands sweet rolls.

I also received a $3 off my next purchase! So it was like paying $11.50 for all of that!


After Wednesday, my freezers and pantry should be completely stocked. It's been over a year since that has happened. I'm so excited to see them full again!

No comments:

Post a Comment